20 hours battery for primary use case?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by usernames.taken, May 11, 2015.

1. usernames.taken macrumors member

usernames.taken

2. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

I wish!!!!

It's more like this....

With brightness at the lowest, if I had a few more tabs open, or on more graphic intensive sites, I'd be getting around 7 hours

[​IMG]

3. usernames.taken thread starter macrumors member

usernames.taken

8h30m is still pretty nice. (Most of the time I only need to do one thing at a time) :)

In fact, I notice you have excel open. How do you manage to get more than 2h battery? :D I avoid non Safari browsers, purely so I can get more battery life, I'd rather forgo the benefits of the other browsers, as I don't see the added benefit of the features of chrome/Firefox when compared to the benefits of extended battery life.

4. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

if you notice my activity monitor, Excel is open but was merely open and no energy was spent on it.

VLC was paused (normally average 3 times as much energy usage when playing)

Can't stand Safari, tried it after getting rMB, just don't like it.

like I said, normally get 6-7 hours on a full charge, Miss 10-11 hours I normally get on MBA 13 horribly

5. usernames.taken thread starter macrumors member

usernames.taken

I also don't particularly like safari either, its just a costs/benefits thing (convenience vs battery life). I can't help but wonder what is the deal-breaker for you with not wanting to use safari?

6. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

mostly just the way it looks and location of tabs. However I find no huge drops in battery performance using firefox vs using safari, so I'm sticking with programs I like.