Resolved 20 hours battery life. anyone else?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by rikardors, Jan 27, 2014.

1. rikardors macrumors member

rikardors

Hi Folks:

Hope you are rolling your apple products like crazy! So I have my 6 moths old Macbook Air 2013 and its insanely awesome let me say it worth the money money and look at this Captura de pantalla 2014-01-21 a la(s) 16.46.58.png I write tons, I do not work with that many complex programs so I get some 15 hours battery life.. funny thing is that sometime my baby air shows me 20... how much is yours showing you?

2. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I occasionally see big numbers like that; though they do not last and I have never actually gotten 20 hours of battery... or fifteen as you say you get. Very nice on that!

Right now, with brightness at 7 tics and Wifi on, I am seeing 5:45 (74%) Honestly, not so great I guess. But I average about 9-ish hours on a charge. Way better than my 2011 Air! I mainly do Internet surfing, email and writing (I am trying to get a novel written--and damn it!--it WILL happen... one day.) Also, I use MS Remote Desktop pretty frequently to dial in to customer PC's and servers to fix them. That seems to hit the battery a bit harder.

I'm on a 2013 11.6 MBA with core i5, 128 and 8GB

3. teffers macrumors regular

20 hours is a top out figure when the stats it has regarding battery usage and battery charge levels are not sufficient to generate an estimate.

Real usage is very different :)

4. ansj macrumors newbie

Use "Battery Logger"

Use "battery logger" in app store if you want to know exact battery usage.

5. rikardors thread starter macrumors member

rikardors

Good luck with your novel!

----------

Thanks man ill look into that. :)

6. Sand King macrumors newbie

I can quite often use it all day at work with light/medium usage, then when I'm home use it for most of the evening with the same sort of usage and not have to worry about charging it till I go off to bed.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The "time remaining" indication is an ever-changing estimate, based on the current workload of your system. It will fluctuate up and down from minute to minute as your power demands change. It is not perfectly accurate, but only an estimate. The only true measure of battery life is to fully charge your battery, then measure the time while you run on battery under your normal workload until your Mac shuts down/sleeps from the battery being drained. There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.