Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CRAZYBUBBA

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
Toronto/Houston
I'm getting This model of imac. I plan on finally buying a vesa mount and creating an awesome setup in my room.

I plan on using just regular web stuff, leopard and iweb. What do you think? Awesome?

Also, any advice on using cheap vesa arms would be appreciated. I think that I'm going to get a bargain basement one.

Little Endian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2003
Honolulu
Great deal, also don't let comments about the G5 being obsolete bother you. Sure the G5 and all PowerPC is going the way of the Dodo but I would hardly call your imac G5 obsolete. You can get another 2 years or so of usage out of the above mentioned imac and for $250 it's a steal.

I have a Quad Core 2.5GHz G5 Power Mac and I would hardly call it obsolete. In fact it has only been within the past 2-3 years that Apple has managed to make Intel portables and AIO like the imac that can out power my 6 year old desktop.

ajsimeon

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
I think you could do better but I think I got lucky with mine. I got a 20" early 2008 aluminum for $350 off craigslist yesterday. Pristine condition and I love it. I know about the screen issues but for $350 I thought it was a steal. I hadn't seen an aluminum for this price anywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.