20" iMac output to HDTV

Discussion in 'iMac' started by polynikes, Feb 1, 2008.

1. polynikes macrumors newbie

I bought an iPhone 4 mo. ago and love it (have had blackberry, blackjack, Moto Q and nothing else is in the same league). Now, I am strongly considering ditching my dell XPS and buying the higher end 20" iMac and 500 MB time capsule for the family (seems like the thing to do since all I desire for home use is photo, video and web surfing). Have one question I would like answered. Will the iMac output to my 61" DLP HDTV for viewing movies, photos or just web surfing? All answers welcomed.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

The iMac has a video out, so depending on what connections your TV has, you should be able to hook them up.

3. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

It will - all you need is the Apple mini-DVI to DVI adapter, and a DVI to HDMI cable (if your TV has onboard HDMI). If your TV doesn't have HDMI, then see if it has a VGA (also called RGB) input. If this is the case, then you need a mini-DVI to VGA adapter and a standard VGA cable.

4. polynikes thread starter macrumors newbie

Think I'll go ahead and place my order. Looking forward to the swapover from PC to Mac.

5. Macchino macrumors regular

Dont you mean 500 GB hehe.... Sorry, couldnt help it.:p

Yes as written in the above posts you should bee fine if your TV have the correct inputs:D