20" iMac screen

Discussion in 'iMac' started by peejack, Dec 3, 2007.

1. peejack macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

I have just got a new iMac 20" home today and im a little concerned about the colour.

I know the mac profiles look kind of washed out but I don't really like any of the other settings but the main thing that is bothering me is it looks alot brighter at the bttom than it does at the top.

Im not sure if this is my eyes playing tricks on me or it really is, and if so what steps should I carry out to sort this out and should I be worried about it?

I have tried callabrating but that didn't make alot of difference.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. MattyP30 macrumors member

yeah mine is brighter at the bottom - looks like back light bleeding when you have a black screen up!

i can live with it so aren't gonna get it replaced - besides i think its a problem that affects all the 20"'s

although if apple do a recall then i would send it in!

3. Nordichund macrumors 6502

It's your call. If you feel that you cannot work with that screen for the next couple of years then send it back. If you feel you can live with it then keep it. Good luck!

4. peejack thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is it true this is not an issue with the 24"?

5. peejack thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, i took the 20" imac back the screen was just too bad, and brought me a 24", the screen is sooooooo much nicer, looks completely different quality.