$20 Original iPhone Data Plan with 200 Texts to Expire in August?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powerbook911, Jun 12, 2009.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

On one of my lines, I still have an original iPhone with the $20 data plan and 200 text messages included in that fee.

However, I logged into AT&T online today, when I go to "features," under that phone it says that data plan is to expire on August 4!!!!

You think they are going to make even original iphone users switch to the $30 plan now?

2. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

I wouldn't think the would do it, but it is a possibility. You might want to call AT&T or visit your local AT&T corporate store to ask them about it to be sure.

3. rarity macrumors regular

rarity

Hmm, I haven't heard anything on this. My hubby has the original, but we have unlimited family texts. It would suck to go from $20 to $30.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It might expire as not available any more but people that already have it would probably be grandfathered in.

5. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I just checked mine and I have the same thing. However, I am getting a 3G S on friday so it doesn't concern me.

6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

you will be grandfathered in. If you were to buy the original iPhone on ebay and try to activate after August 4th then you will not be able to get that $20 plan and would be forced to the $30 plan.

7. globol macrumors member

I had the 20 dollar plan plus 10 dollars more for 1000 text. One day I was looking at my account I saw AT&T had changed my plan without my authorization. I was automatically switched over to the 30 dollar plan. Cool cuz I get extra 300 text. Bad cuz I don't text as much anymore cuz I use beejive. So now I can't remove the 10 dollar text plan.

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Maybe this has something to do with the rumored lower pricing on iPhone data plans?

Just an idea. I actually have no hope that those rumors will come to fruition.

9. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

Mine says the same thing. Im getting the 3GS friday but my brother will still be using his 2G. I bet they will keep it 20 and people who buy after will have to pay 30. Im gonna miss the 20 dollar plan. It the perfect price. 3G should be that.

10. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

AT&T is not lowering their price anytime soon.

The only way I really see a price drop happening is if the Pre starts stealing the iPhone market share and AT&T stats losing customers to Sprint.

11. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

For some reason I can't see anywhere where it says this.

Can you maybe post a screen shot of it?