$200 ATT credit even though ordered through apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jane333, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Jane333 macrumors regular

I just traded in my old 4S that was sitting in a drawer and got the $200 ATT credit. I ordered through apple.com.

Waiting for cases to come in to use my credit.

2. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502a

spacemnspiff

3. Jane333 thread starter macrumors regular

I went into an att store and asked them if I could get the credit. I told them I read the instructions on line and it said nothing about having to buy the phone from ATT. They checked with the manager and he said that was true. Then I gave them an old 4S that I had never traded in and they gave me a gift card! But, today is the last day to do this.

4. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

So you can just take an older phone directly to the att store? I wasn't sure you could do that based on the info on the email they sent out. Wonder if they'll take my iphone 4, I replaced the screen a while ago but it looks brand new.

5. shakedotazz macrumors newbie

I traded in a 4 16gb with a few scratches, and another 4 32gb with a non-functioning home button... got $400 credit applied towards phone bill. :cool:

6. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Verizon does that too. They just want to make sure you have service with them. They're not concerned where you bought the new iPhone from.