$200 ATT credit even though ordered through apple

Jane333

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
Michigan USA
I just traded in my old 4S that was sitting in a drawer and got the $200 ATT credit. I ordered through apple.com.

Waiting for cases to come in to use my credit.

Jane333

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
Michigan USA
I went into an att store and asked them if I could get the credit. I told them I read the instructions on line and it said nothing about having to buy the phone from ATT. They checked with the manager and he said that was true. Then I gave them an old 4S that I had never traded in and they gave me a gift card! But, today is the last day to do this.

tkukoc

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Wish I Was In Space!
So you can just take an older phone directly to the att store? I wasn't sure you could do that based on the info on the email they sent out. Wonder if they'll take my iphone 4, I replaced the screen a while ago but it looks brand new.

shakedotazz

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
I traded in a 4 16gb with a few scratches, and another 4 32gb with a non-functioning home button... got $400 credit applied towards phone bill. :cool:

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
I went into an att store and asked them if I could get the credit. I told them I read the instructions on line and it said nothing about having to buy the phone from ATT. They checked with the manager and he said that was true. Then I gave them an old 4S that I had never traded in and they gave me a gift card! But, today is the last day to do this.
Verizon does that too. They just want to make sure you have service with them. They're not concerned where you bought the new iPhone from.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.