$200 .edu discount on new MBPr? :D

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by questionmark, Oct 23, 2013.

1. questionmark macrumors newbie

As we all know, BB does price match with Apple. I am getting the $1499 one and both Apple and BB have .edu discount. Is it possible for BB to price match Apple's .edu discount and then have an extra $100 .edu discount from BB?

Anyone has experienced in it? Please share!

2. MGTR420 macrumors regular

Are they still offering 100 off? I am seeing only 50...

3. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

yep, only see 50 off here. I would love to get 300 off and tax exempt but I highly doubt that would happen lol

4. OceanMindedBoy macrumors regular

OceanMindedBoy

Best Buy will grant you the $100 off if you show them in the apple website from your phone. They like to play hard to get but once you show it they will give you the discount no questions asked. ;)

5. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

could you please explain? are you saying, in addition to the $50 discount they are offering, they will give you another $100 off? why? i would think they will only lower it to another $50..

6. OceanMindedBoy macrumors regular

OceanMindedBoy

$50? where does that come from? I'm only talking about the education discount from apple. The retail for the model I picked is 1,499. with the apple student discount it's $100 less. Either way they will never apply two discounts. They will only give you one or the other obviously you will take the best one.

7. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

the original poster's question was about best buy price matching apple, then asked if the edu discounts would stack.. i know apple offers $100 off.. best buy offers $50... your post made it sound like you're saying best buy will add an additional $100 off... so i said wouldn't they only add an additional $50.

8. questionmark thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I saw that on their website too. However, that is the online education discount; the in-store .edu discount for MBPr is $100. I went to the one in downtown Manhattan today and asked them about it.