$200 for 13' 2010 model to 2011 model, worth upgrading?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kevinwangjk, Feb 27, 2011.

  1. kevinwangjk macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2011
    #1
    I bought my MBP 13' two months ago, and now the upgrade seems to be pretty good. My question is, if I can sell my old one for $1,000, should I sell it and add $200 or more to upgrade to one of the new models, or should I just stick to my old one?

    I use it mostly for programming, and just a little bit 3D programming.

    Thanks!
     
  2. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

    powerbook911

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2005
    #2
    If you could really do it for $200, yes, it would probably be a decent idea. It sounds like you are a pro enough to benefit from the more powerful processor.

    Now, if it started to be more than $200, then you'd have to weigh the decision again. It also depends on if you can easily afford $200 right now.
     
  3. Grouchy Bob macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2011
    Location:
    AssWipe, New Mexico
    #3
    I swear, the way the 2010 models are still going on e-bay you can get $1200 for it.

    Most of those folks are still clueless.
     
  4. AppleChap macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2010
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #4
    If you can easily sell yours without much hassle, then for $200 you're getting an i5/i7 processor and Thunderbolt. I would definitely do it.
     
  5. kevinwangjk thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2011
    #5
    Thanks everyone.

    Yes I can easily sell my old one to one of my friend, for whom the 2010 model is more than enough, for $1,000. Now I can choose either add $200 for the low-end or $500 for the high-end, is the i7 worth the $300 extra?
     
  6. Naimfan macrumors 68040

    Naimfan

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2003
    #6
    You're probably better off with the 2.3 and adding a 750 GB 7200 RPM hard drive and 8 GB RAM and going out for a nice dinner.
     
  7. akhbhaat macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2010
    #7
    I think some of that $300 would be better spent on a faster hard drive (either 7200 RPM or SSD).
     
  8. C1raider macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2011
    #8
    OR, you can,seems to be very prevalent, go to an apple store and ask for an upgrade which may cost you nothing. Just throwing it out there.
     
  9. kevinwangjk thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2011
    #9
    Thanks! I think I'm going to get the 2.3gb one and replace the optical disk drive with a SSD.
     
  10. adnoh macrumors 6502a

    adnoh

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2010

Share This Page