$2000 commentment or $9.99 2.0 upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by btija, Jul 11, 2008.

1. btija macrumors newbie

I guess if i was stevey, i would service iphone customers 1st until there are no more inline!:eek:

2. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

when you put it like that. . .it doesn't seem so bad. . .but i still hate having to pay 10 dollars

3. Tyris macrumors newbie

You dont have to pay $10 for it. Seems apple has changed permissions on the link to download the 2.0 FW from their site, however the cat is out of the bag, go download it via bit torrent.

-T

4. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Nothing has changed as far as i can see. Stil says it is $9.95 straight from the itunes store

5. slughead macrumors 68040

slughead

I think if you downloaded it off unprotected HTTP, it can be taken in good faith that payment is optional.

You can't give out candybars on the street, wait for people to eat them, and then ask for money. You have to establish the terms of the trade before you trade, and unprotected HTTP is akin to saying "FREE SH*T, COME AND GET IT!"

So, being as how I downloaded it off their website before they took it off...

6. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

No such luck for me. I paid $400 for my 16 gb touch they first came out and now i have to pay $10 more for the privelige to pay for MORE apps. I did hack it when i had the 1.1.1 software but restored it to default and upgraded to 1.3 thinking these apps would mostly be free.

At least i didnt pay the $20 for the 5 extra apps they released a while ago.

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

iPod oldster

I'm not happy about the upgrade fees, but I can remember getting a couple of times getting an iPod and having it for a month or two before the models were upgraded with new features. In that respect, $9.99 or $19.99 seems cheap.

8. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

this 9.95 upgrade for the 2.0 includes the apps that you got for the first upgrade that was 19.95 so if you didnt already have email, weather,maps and stocks........you get it with the 9.95 upgrade. Sure free is better and those cheap bastards shouldnt charge us, but at least it is only 10 bucks this time.

Hey and now i can use my touch while it is plugged in and charging in my computer. Couldnt before.