20011 I mac running Lion

Discussion in 'iMac' started by charh, Dec 4, 2011.

1. charh macrumors newbie

I am New to I Mac,purchased mid Nov.Not a computer person to start with so bare with me.Question I have is this.My Mac has been great to start with,easy to work with.up until about a week ago.I have DSL service thru Frontier DSL.and am to be getting 3 Meg.All was great up to last week when noticed it taking a bit longer to boot up,and when page loads,it for a better term load in a jerky,jumping fashion.It's like it fill's the page in blocks.I also did as I was advised, and downloaded Google Chrome to allow me to play video content.(Youtube etc.) last week when I go to Chrome and try to play a video,all I have is the Grey screen in the video window.Also notice that when I click on an I Con in the Dock,they bounce a few times before loading. I ma thinking it may be my DSL service and NOT MY MAC????I have some time left on my Apple Care, so I can call them,but thought I might try here first.Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

That does sound more like a problem with your DSL connection than anything wrong with your iMac. What do you get is you check on a speedtest site?

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/