Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brandonb028

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
I bought a cheap 2006 macbook off ebay. IT has 2 GB RAM and 80GB Hard Drive. I have other macs just thought this one would be cool to own. Love Apple Products. I tried installing Mountain Lion and it told me that it was not supported to upgrade. I was wondering if i made a bootable lion flash drive and tried installing it that way would it install? I dont have any other software to reinstall an OS since all my other macs are newer and support mountain lion. THerefor if i format im bummed if it doesnt work. was just courious if anyone knows if it will work or not. It does have all the requirements i believe..Ill post a picture of the info of it.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-04-02 at 5.43.38 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-04-02 at 5.43.38 PM.png
    402 KB · Views: 123

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Because that Macbook has the 32-bit only CoreDuo, it is limited to running up to Snow Leopard. It cannot run Lion or newer.

brandonb028

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
leopard

I like leopard but I like the fact that my notes and imessages synce with my iphone to my macbook pro and imac. Cant do that with leopard to my knowledge. Dont think it even has cloud capabilities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.