2006 iMac AHT found issue :( Help!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ouimetnick, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ouimetnick, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011

ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Hey guys.
    You might have remembered that I made a thread that on this iMac it would sometimes boot up with a progress bar like it was updating the EFI or SMC. Well it wasn't, and it did it again last night, and hanged. Restarted, and it hanged for 40 minutes, and then moved, and started over (it didn't restart) So I ran the full extended tests with my Apple CD that came with it. Apple Hardware Test at least found something.

See these screen shots... One of the Apple genius' claimed that there was a voltage mis-match between the CPU and the Power supply when he replaced the screen (about 4 months ago) I told him that it was working fine before. He stated it was a small issue, and probably won't do anything.

So now, it looks like I have a sick. I haven't tried restarting into OSX yet. Got to go to school now, so I can't reply for 6 or so hours, but help would be appreciated.

-Nick

EDIT: school admin unblocked MacRuors Forums.... Yay

Can't upload the pictures.
    Here is the error

4SNS/1/40000001: 'VDOR'

2. ouimetnick thread starter macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Remember this thread?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1048770&highlight=

Must have been an issue with the file system... Just re installed OSX. As for the hardware issue, maybe its an issue with a heat sensor? Google seems to think so. I know the Hard drive sensor was pried off the old drive and hot glued to the new drive. (I did this when putting in a new HD)