Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hyram

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Congrats Bozz! But how do you have time to chat here??? I don't even remember turning my computer on for the first 2 weeks of my daughters life :)

gugucom

macrumors 68020
May 21, 2009
Munich, Germany
There is so much speculation out there. I would not even exclude that a lot of hardware will work that isn't officially recognized by Apple. Officially the 3870 does not exist for Apple. It works absolutely flawlessly in every situation that I have encountered so far. I would not be surprised if it would work with Open CL as well. I will only exclude it if I have installed SL and recognize it will not work. Same goes with the 2006 and 2007 32 EFI Mac Pros. We will probably only know what works and what not when we have fitted the OS and run a trial.

But I can allready tell you that I'm seriously pissed off by Apple's attitude of treating customers with 2-5 year old computers. It is an embarassment that they even consider to not to issue firmware upgrades to those customers. They are exposing their most recent customers to massive devaluation because they cannot run the most modern OS features on hardware that is perfectly capable of doing it. It makes me very angry to be treated in that way.

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
thanks hyram. I am in a two week window where my wife and i are both home, so we have time to tag-team some stuff. and it's been good to jump on here for a couple minutes while Jack's resting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.