2006 Mac Pro secondhand value?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MagicBoy, Feb 21, 2010.

1. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

There's a possibility of a recently replaced Mac Pro becoming available at work, any idea as to what it's worth? (UK prices)

It's an original spec machine from Late 2006:
    Quad Core 2.66GHz (2x Dual Core CPU)
    2GB RAM (4x512MB)
    23" Cinema Display

2. Cam42 macrumors member

sorry, I don't know UK pounds...
    I'd say upwards of $900 US... To anyone who knows more than I do, Am I far off?

3. Transporteur macrumors 68030

I'd pay 1300 to 1400 quid for that. The display itself goes for 400 on ebay.
    I think that's a reasonable european price for that bundle.

4. Bradalogical macrumors newbie

I'm looking to sell this at the moment...

Mod note: link removed. Please see Marketplace Rules

...very good starting price in my opinion, yet has no bids with only 2.5 days remaining. i'm fairly surprised to be honest!

I have a 23" ACD that I was planning on selling separately. if you were interested maybe we could come to some sort of arrangement. it's same processor speed and configuration but with a hell of a lot more ram and presumably more storage, though I have no idea what you'd be charged for the one at your work. if they said something like £900 the pair i'd bite their arm off ;)

Let me know if you're interested as the auction ends on wednesday night.

5. MagicBoy thread starter macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep an eye on the price! With the greatest of respect etc I'm primarily interested in this machine as I know it's been cared for. I'll probably stick a cheeky bid in and see where it gets me.

I'm chuffed to bits with the mini and uMb I already have but I've always had a hankering for a Mac Pro.

6. Bradalogical macrumors newbie

Yeah that's fair enough! Mine's 3 years old and has moved around a bit, has a few signs of wear and tear, but it works flawlessly - obviously one that's sat in an office unmoved for years and that you have seen in the flesh, as it were, would be more appealing!

However, I personally wouldn't pay more than £900 for it in your shoes, immaculate or otherwise - obviously I wouldn't buy it at all as I'm selling something very similar haha, but they're really not worth much more than that by todays standards.

Whack a loada ram in them and quick hdd's n they still fly though!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)