2006 macbook display has blue tint compared to new mb, and old mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bluedoggiant, Jan 7, 2008.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

here it is:

my mbp to the left, compared to macbook to the right, both were bought in november 2006, neither calibrated:

[​IMG]

the macbook has a blue tinted screen

here in this picture:

[​IMG]

the same mbp, this time to the right, compared to a macbook from August 2007, they are more identical, but the macbook's screen is still bleached out.

here it is altogether:

[​IMG]

all of them, the same mbp in the middle, the macbook from august 2007 to the left, and the macbook from november 2006 to the right

number 1, sorry for the sloppy cell phone pix, taken off my sony ericsson w580i

as you can see the old macbook has a blue tinted screen, but is also bleached out, it is UNSTANDABLE, my friend didnt even notice it until like 3 hours of making him to compare, all he ever says is "it doesnt matter, it does what i want it to do", im going its all screwed up! the macbook from august 2007, is better, but it is still bleached out compared to my november 2007 mbp. now i dont have a pic to compare this, but i recently got a macbook for my grandmother, its the new november 2007 one, the screen is EVEN MORE bleached than the august 2007 one!!!

I'm not sure, but im not liking these displays, and i hope Apple gets their act together, even though people dont do photo stuff on the macbook regularly, this is just ridiculous in my opinion. I just wanted to point this out as I thought it was interesting.:D

2. ch02ce macrumors member

Yeah I know what you're talking about. My girlfriend and I bought macbooks at the same time in august, a mid-range for me and the base for her.

Her screen is noticeably better than mine, it has much more contrast. On mine, the default leopard background is almost an embarassment, like the one in your pictures.

It even goes so far as the transparency effects, with hers being much more visible than mine unless I tilt my screen around.

The viewing angle is crap too.

I dont think theres much I can do about it either.

3. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

but they are the same brand new macbooks that were out in august right?

the one with the red casing is a november 2006 one, compared to an august 2007 macbook, and a november 2006 MACBOOK PRO

4. Applica2 macrumors newbie

My Macbook

Hey bluedog

just wondering, do u know if december 2007 macbooks suffer from the same screen discoloration?

Applica2

(aka Justin)

5. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

From what I can see, for some reason, I'm not sure if its just me, but the macbooks that were updated in november 07 (yours), have a screen that is even more bleached out than the macbooks that were out in august 07. but still, they're both bleached out. But who cares really, you can fix it by adding more contrast, but otherwise its fine. But the november 2006 macbook is bleached out, and has a huge discoloration compared to the 2006 macbook pro.

Your fine, don't worry.

6. Applica2 macrumors newbie

7. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Just found out the cause of the blue tint, there is no fix to the bleach, its a hardware thing, but the calibration was set to Adobe RGB (1998), and gave it a blue tint, if you give macbook pro the generic RGB, it will look EXACTLY like a macbook screen, its bleached out, plus it gives a blue tint