2006 MacBook Pro help?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jese, Jan 23, 2013.

1. jese macrumors newbie

So I bought a used 2006 MacBook Pro. It was working fine until one day I shut it down and now it won't boot at all. I bought it to fix and give to a friend but I can't get it to boot! The charger light switches from green to orange constantly but still never charges at all. I've tried just plugging it in and turing it on without the battery to make sure that wasn't the problem and it still didn't work. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Swapping the motherboard is fairly expensive and unlikely worth the cost on a 7 year old laptop.

3. De5 macrumors member

How much did you pay for the laptop? What made you think a 7 year old laptop would work anyway? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm...not that surprised honestly. My Rev 1 still "works" but near the end am pretty sure the logic board was going. It's 7 years old, there's not a lot you're going to be able to do to it to make it a fully functioning machine, the most I'd use mine for at this point is a dedicated media center/download box. On the other hand I do miss Tiger....