Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jese

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
So I bought a used 2006 MacBook Pro. It was working fine until one day I shut it down and now it won't boot at all. I bought it to fix and give to a friend but I can't get it to boot! The charger light switches from green to orange constantly but still never charges at all. I've tried just plugging it in and turing it on without the battery to make sure that wasn't the problem and it still didn't work. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

De5

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
How much did you pay for the laptop? What made you think a 7 year old laptop would work anyway? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
So I bought a used 2006 MacBook Pro. It was working fine until one day I shut it down and now it won't boot at all. I bought it to fix and give to a friend but I can't get it to boot! The charger light switches from green to orange constantly but still never charges at all. I've tried just plugging it in and turing it on without the battery to make sure that wasn't the problem and it still didn't work. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'm...not that surprised honestly. My Rev 1 still "works" but near the end am pretty sure the logic board was going. It's 7 years old, there's not a lot you're going to be able to do to it to make it a fully functioning machine, the most I'd use mine for at this point is a dedicated media center/download box. On the other hand I do miss Tiger....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.