Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmacfan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
London, United Kingdom
Mac os x journaled

In disk utility in the partition section you will see a white box on the left showing the partitions of the drive. Just below that white box is a button called options. Click on that and then click on Guid Partition table (GPT) and click format (Make sure mac os journaled is selected before clicking format). Install from the Snow leopard DVD and this should solve your issue.

Biker-jonny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2013
In disk utility in the partition section you will see a white box on the left showing the partitions of the drive. Just below that white box is a button called options. Click on that and then click on Guid Partition table (GPT) and click format (Make sure mac os journaled is selected before clicking format). Install from the Snow leopard DVD and this should solve your issue.

Ok I can install Lion 10.7 But Snow leopard still gives me an error?

madmacfan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
London, United Kingdom
Ok I can install Lion 10.7 But Snow leopard still gives me an error?

If Lion 10.7 can install ok, but Snow Leopard 10.6 cannot, then there may be something wrong with the Snow leopard install disc. One question though. How are you installing Lion? Have you burned the lion installer to a dvd or are you just using a usb installer/ upgrade app. If it's the latter, then try another dvd in the dvd drive to see if your mac recognises it. if your mac detects it ok, then it's definitely a problem with the Snow leopard install disc and you'd be better off taking it back and exchanging it for another one.

Last edited:

WildCard^

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2013
Yeah, something is weird. That error is the common error you get when you try installing from a restore disk included with a different version macbook than what it was sold with.

Can you take a picture of your DVD and post it here please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.