2007 macbook brightness issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by comda, Mar 17, 2013.

1. comda macrumors 6502a

comda

Greetings apple fans!

Just about a month ago I had given my Late 2007 macbook(white) a total makeover. I boosted its 1gb of RAm to 4GB of DDr2 Ram, i replaced its 120gb hard drive to a 750GB 7200RPM drive and to top it off i installed Snow Leopard, over the old and outdated leopard. So far i love it! Its like i've given this computer new life, its faster has some new features doesn't lag on the internet like leopard did. However i did find one issue that i can't resolve.

As a high school student i find myself working late at night, lets say 10-12pm at times. Anyways i keep my brightness level at one. When i need to walk away from the computer i set the brightness to zero and walk away. It would give the effect that the computer is off. However ever since i upgraded to snow leopard i set the brightness to zero and after a few moments it sets itself to one! When i move the cursor on the mouse or the trackpad it goes back to zero, as if it where trying to run the screensaver but doesn't. I tried using hot corners to set the display to sleep and it will do the same thing and will eventually go to sleep. Anyone else experience this issue? i found this link but like i said "hot corners "does Not work for me.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...o-suddenly-resets-itself-to-one-any-ideas-why

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

Why don't you close the lid when you leave it?