2007 Macbook Pro 2,1 17" won't show video!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xd3v1n13x, Nov 23, 2011.

1. xd3v1n13x macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have a 2007 Macbook Pro 2,1 that will only show video when it boots about 1 out of 100 times it seems like but when it does decide to start up and display video it works perfectly... I've tried everything from resetting the ram to using an external monitor but nothing seems to work... At first I thought that it had been effected by the "Black Screen Of Death" which so many macbooks around this time suffered from but after further research i discovered that my macbook has an ati card not a nvidia card...also I don't believe this is a hardware issue because it boots up fine and everything and I can even use voice-over to do basic things on it... also like I said it'll boot up with graphics and everything but it only seems like that happens once in what seems like about 100 tries...a solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated because I don't feel like shelling out hundreds..even thousands of dollars for a new laptop.

Thanks, xd3v1n13x:apple:

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

The fact that it successfully boots 1% of the time does not mean it's not hardware. That sounds like a bad logic board.