2007 Macbook Pro Issues, Help.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Com4tably Numb, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Com4tably Numb macrumors newbie

Com4tably Numb

Hi

New to the forum, and will be seeking help an opinions.

I bought my mac in mid-2007 and I am having issues with it.

First; Battery sucks, longest it goes for is for about 1:20 hrs/mins.
    Second; booting up takes a while for it to get to the main screen.

I am looking for a new battery, but I am afraid that if I just buy a battery from a random site, that it will not be as good as it should. I read reviews of unsatisfied customers (amazon.com, ect.)

Which is a good battery and for a good price? Should I buy a need charger as well (insertion to the power outlet is flimsy?

The booting up problem, should I buy a new drive? Sometimes my superdrive will not read dvds or cds, had it replace by apple, but still having issues.

My three year warranty is over.

I believe its 3rd Generation Macbook Pro.

Processor 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 4GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM
    Hard Drive 160GB Serial ATA Drive@7200rpm
    Optical Drive SuperDrive 8X
    Display 15" Glossy Widescreen Display

I'm still running Tiger.

Thank you for future advice.

2. deeesea macrumors 6502

Get the new battery from apple, where I live (in canada) they still have the batteries for that generation of laptop in stock.

As for the boot times, if it's a 3 year old laptop, check to see if you still have a lot of free space left, if the hdd is full it'll take a while to boot, and as for the superdrive issues, that could be the superdrive itself and not related to boot...(someone correct me if I'm wrong).

PS: I love your generation of mbp. Still my most loved apple product. Wish i had one :(

3. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

For the slow boot, your best bet would probably be to do a clean install. Sounds like you have a lot loading on boot up.

4. Tyrion macrumors 6502a

The SuperDrive is probably broken; I wouldn't bother having it replaced, since it will just break again. Failure to burn media is usually the first sign of trouble with these drives, and it just happens after a while. I should know, I also have an MBP from 2007, and the optical drive is seriously the cheapest, most failure-prone piece of trash hardware I've ever owned.