2007 MacBook pro kernal panic after water on the keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nawizo, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Nawizo macrumors member

So this is what happened, some time back my laptop got soak with water on the keyboard. I immediately turned it over to make sure no water got in and removed the battery. I then got a hair drier and used it to dry the keyboard and the outside in general. I tried switching it on and it came one but some keys would not work. I then decided to open it and checked, it appeared no water had gone in except onto the logic board for the keyboard. I used a USB keyboard and everything seemed ok except when I would let the laptop go to sleep. I noticed that when I would try and wake up the laptop it would wake up en then immediately show me the grey window saying it had encountered an error and had to be restarted and hence I was required to hold the power button, turn it off and let it reboot. This happened every once in a while so I decided to reinstall the OS (lion) and it was still a problem. I then decided to install snow leopard and I still had the same problem. I checked my hard drive for errors and it was intact. I reinstalled lion again and let it run until I could replace the keyboard which I did a month ago. I got the keyboard working fine and I even replace the laptop battery but I still get the kernal panic every once in a while. Someone please tell me what I can do on my own because my country has no apple stores or support.

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Its not your keyboard, its not your HDD, and its not your OS.

Its the logic board.
    Just because you dried it, it doesnt mean it will always fully work.
    Rust can be deadly for computer as well.

I say your logic board is starting to die due to the water damage.
    Get it replaced.

3. Nawizo thread starter macrumors member

The logic board had no water on it. The keyboard is the one that was wet. But if it is the logic board. Is the any software I can use that can act as a hardware diagnostic tool to tell me if there is anything wrong? Please suggest

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki