2007 MBP -> iMac Upgrade?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by zoomzoom5, May 24, 2008.

  1. zoomzoom5 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 24, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #1
    Last fall I made the switch from "the other side" and couldn't be happier. I decided to go with a 2.2Ghz MBP, which has been perfect right from day one. Now I have the need for a second Mac and am leaning towards the new 2.8Ghz iMac. I do work a fair bit in Photoshop, the rest of my usage consists of browsing the net, watching movies, and listening to iTunes. Portability isn't a determining factor as I'm keeping my current MBP.

    The only thing causing concern is the number of issues people seem to be having with the displays on the iMac. But since I don't need any BTO options, I'm thinking I should just purchase it from a local store (Best Buy or something, closest Apple store is half the country away) and make use of the 14day in-store exchange policy if I get one with problems. Seems like a decent plan, yes?

    Alternatively, I could BTO a new MBP and almost be guaranteed a flawless machine.

    If anyone has suggestions or comments on which course of action I should take, or alternatives I haven't mentioned, please fire away. Thanks.
     
  2. JacobC macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2008
    #2
    Hey Man,

    I have the iMac that is first on the Apple Page (The cheapest one), I got it back near Christmas, and I haven't had a single problem with it. I bought it online too. This things a beauty, I would definitely suggest it. People walk in the room, and are awed. Nothing like it..Pure Beauty..
     

Share This Page