2007 MBP problems/Apple Care

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kinai-ahi, Jul 11, 2009.

1. kinai-ahi macrumors newbie

Ive started having sleep/wake issues with my MBP a couple months ago. Now, my iSight stopped working. I have the Apple Care and took it to a Apple store. Upon looking at it, they said it needs a new display and logic board. I got a call 4 days later and they said they would not do the work because there are signs of liquid damage. To my knowledge, I have never had any liquid near my machine. They quoted me a repair cost of $2399. Does this sound right or are they just not willing to cover they costs for my under Apple Care because its so much? Help!! Can I get a second opinion from another store?

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

People have gotten brand new machines from AppleCare so they would more than likely have fixed your machine no matter the cost. They are obligated to do so by the agreement unless of course it is water damaged. I have seen threads where others bring their machines in only to be turned down for water damage but I can't find them unfortunately.

You can try another store, but if you have damage (I had a dent on one of my older machines) just call up Applecare and have it sent to the techs in texas who might not care as much.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If going to the Apple Store doesn't work, call the phone support. Usually people have better luck with that.