2007 MBP Resale Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tcador, Mar 17, 2011.

1. tcador macrumors regular

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'll try anyways. I recently upgraded to a 2011 MBP and have little reason to hang on to my old 2007 MBP. The computer is in great condition and hasn't had any *knock on wood* video card problems yet. But I do have a concern that if I sell it and the video card starts acting up that the buyer may want a refund.

Any recommendations on how to handle this? Full disclosure in the ad and let buyer know all sales are final or sell for a slightly reduced price knowing it's a potential time bomb?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Apple did recall it, so they should be eligible for a free logic board replacement, should it need it. Not 100% on that though.

3. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Honesty is best. Of course let them know it's a potential time bomb, otherwise if you don't, and try to sell it as a working MBP and it breaks, you'll be buggered. I suppose you're selling it on eBay? so you'll have to give a correct description or the buyer can just charge back. Just tell them it's 07, no issues, it's old. Buy at own risk. Good for spare parts also. Something like that...?

4. tcador thread starter macrumors regular

I'll have some logistical issues selling it since I'm currently living overseas. Either I could wait until next trip back to the States or try to sell it on the Chinese ebay or on local message boards.

Thanks for the feedback.