Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
I was really surprised to see NASCAR at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico last weekend. :eek: Running on the Peralta too. :D

Can't say I really watch it, though I'd be more inclined to watch if they ran on less ovals and on more 'classic' circuits. ;)

MP4-22

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2007
Illinois
I used to hate nascar but I've started watching it since Montoya joined because he is my favorite driver. He was my favorite in Indy, CART, and formula one.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Nascar is cool ,where else you get to watch racing and see people coming across the finish line upside down like Daytona just had. Plus the wrecks are simply spectacular! I like most of em but dont care much for Tony nor Jimmy J. They should allow no teams at all and bring back single drivers. This stuff of having 4 or 5 guys gives all the advantage to the rich guys and screws the smaller or individual teams. They have a money advantage and they get a testing advantage.

OscarTheGrouch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
G' Vegas South Carolina
I stiil think Mark Martin should strongly consider running a full schedule, leading the points and all.

I think what is going to happen is he will sit out Bristol, and then realize- hey I miss this crap, and run the rest of the races and run so well that he will finish 11th in points, make the chase, and win the championship (yeah i know, longshot, but here is to dreaming)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
You mean the race Montoya won by shunting his own teammate right at the end?

That's the one... hilarious wasn't it. :p

I can't believe they were running the Peralta again :D, rather than that silly stadium section. :rolleyes:

It's been a while since F1 cars ran at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez :( but it's still home to one of the ballsiest overtaking moves ever, courtesy of one Mr N Mansell, round the outside of a Mr G Berger on the Peralta. :eek: :eek: :cool:

5:22 onwards baby! :D

cantthinkofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2004
Missouri, USA
BUMPER CARS 2k7 SWEET!!!!!

I used to hate nascar but I've started watching it since Montoya joined because he is my favorite driver. He was my favorite in Indy, CART, and formula one.

you know theres a reason hes not in F1 anymore right? He can't drive worth a crap. I loved all the comments from the other drivers once he left.

My favorite was "hes where he needs to be". Although it was said by the biggest cry baby in the racing world, mr alonso, it was still funny.

But to each is own i guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.