2007 Video Music Awards

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by ryannel2003, Sep 9, 2007.

1. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Ok, am I the only one who thinks that Britney Spears opening performance looked completely unrehearsed and just plain bad? I mean, you could tell she was lipsyncing the song and she looked like she was high on something. Other than that, I thought the show was pretty good. :)

2. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

3. ryannel2003 thread starter macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Haha... yeah i know it's not the first time. But still, I could have lip synched that song better than she did. :p

4. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Remember when awards used to be given to those who innovated or were uniquely creative?

Yeah, me neither.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

They should name a new STD after that biznatch.

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

WTF did she wear that outfit for? Nasty. Have some class. Even Christina Aguilera (who at least can sing) cleaned up (nicely) after her outrageous skank phase. Has Britney not learned her lesson yet?
    I guess you can take the girl out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl.

7. Keebler macrumors 68030

i've only seen the pics and heard about it, but remember folks, 99% of the time, it's not the artist making these decisions. It's the managers. Maybe Spears didn't want to do it and her mgr got her the gig, chose her outfit and didn't get her to rehearse enough (kind of like George Lucas directing someone....he's just not a good director of getting actors to act non-wooden).

funny how the human psyche is for people to fail miserably and laugh about it.

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

So I've actually seen some of it now. Oh lordy. What the hell was that, what was that dancing and what was it wearing.

Jesus, Britney, nooooooooooooo!

9. aloofman macrumors 68020

aloofman

I didn't even know they still held these awards. Do people still care about music videos? And does MTV show them anymore anyway?

10. mizzoucat macrumors regular

I didn't catch it live but saw it on the news this morning. What an embarassment!

11. ryannel2003 thread starter macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Yeah it was so bad I couldn't do anything but laugh. I remember when she used to be the biggest thing in music, and now she is fading away. However, she isn't doing it fast enough. :D

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I think its time that MTV just dies, at least they should take the M out since music is the last thing they do now. And where are people seeing these videos to vote on. I don't get it.

13. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

According to CNN, Kanye West made an idiot out of himself again. Apparently he's "Done with MTV." I can't stand this guy. What an ego-maniac.

14. ryannel2003 thread starter macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I like some of his music, but as a person he has alot to learn about the music industry. 50 Cent has made a challenge to him saying that if 50 sells less music when his new CD comes out, he will never make another record. Wonder how that one will turn out.

15. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

For some time now, I've not been able to separate the terms MTV and idiotic, as they continue to be mutually inclusive.

16. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

QFT :p

I think the highlight of the show (which unfortunately wasn't covered well) was the scuffle between Tommy Lee & Kid Rock. I would like to have seen Tommy kickstart Kid's face.

17. ryannel2003 thread starter macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

There is supposed to be a clip of it on MTV.com. I think the best performance was Chris Brown. The energy was really good and definitely better than that sh*t Britney put out.

18. ryannel2003 thread starter macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

It's obvious nobody does because they have been losing ratings for quite some time now. After the whole Madonna and Britney kiss, they have been going down form there. I never thought the show was good to begin with, but the whole reason I watched it was to see Britney perform. That was the reason they were advertising her as the opening act, more ratings.

19. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

The Dead Kennedys said it best so many years ago:

MTV GET OFF THE AIR!

20. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

MTV is my most hated channel. It is whats wrong with America and the world :p. Its a very superficial network, although the demographic they're shooting for is very much superficial.

I must admit, I did watch it for a short period of time in my life, many years ago :eek:. By the way, who remembers Speed Racer on MTV? :p

21. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Britney's performance was so bad that even my local "oldies" station has been making fun of her. What's worse is Justin Timberlake calling for MTV to show more music videos, as if he has any clue what good music even is. :rolleyes:

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

"Fiddy" is being outsold by a lot.

I'm glad he'll never come out with his own record. :)

23. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Don't "Gimme More" Britney

Her performance just sucked, the best part of her performance was the look on 50 Cent's face during her "singing". But Chris Brown was sweet! He wasn't singing but his dancing was just amazing I couldn't believe it. My favorite part tho was at the end with Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, and Nelly Furtado, the three of them together was awesome. Timbaland is one of the greatest producers of our time and is responsible for a lot of todays great music. I also liked that JT said MTV needed to play more music videos:D. There only one when I wake up for school and I really don't have the time to watch them then.