2007 White macbook ssd questions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by allix24, May 13, 2010.

1. allix24 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a 2007 white macbook and im looking to upgrade the hard drive to a 100-128gb ssd drive. If you have any suggestions on certain mid class drives that would be great, but thats not the real reason for the post. When i upgrade i dont just want to clone my drive to the new one. A while back i tried installing windows via bootcamp and when i go to delete the partition because i dont want windows on the new ssd, bootcamp wont let me. I want to know if i can move all my important programs like word and excel, which require activation codes, to the new drive without bringing the partition with it. If all else fails i do have an extra Mac word code laying around, but it belongs to my father and id have to buy him a new one. So yes, if you have any suggestions for drives please tell me, and if you know a way to get certain things to the new drive but not the partition that would be great.
    Thanks!

Also I know the macbook can only use sata1, but will a sata2 drive still work?

2. AshMan macrumors regular

I used carbon copy cloned when I upgraded my HD and it only did the mac partition it would not do bootcamp partition so I ended up with only mac os I had to redo bootcamp after an reinstall my windows 7. So if you use cc cloned should be ok to clone and only have mac os

3. allix24 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, so if thats the case i guess ill delete all the junk files and things first and then clone the rest
    thanks now i just need an ssd idea