Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rileyb80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
Hey I'm just curious to if anyone has come across this issues.

I'm not sure if this is related to lion but since I upgraded I've had issues with any input (internal mic) and USB headsets/microphones sound cards after a certain time of being used will get really distorted.

At first I thought it was my internal mic being old and possibly broken, however last week I purchased a new usb headset and tried that but it still happens and it happens to both internal and the USB at the same time.

I called up applecare and they made me purge my PRAM and fix my permissions but that didn't really fix anything, it does reduce the time before before the effect happens but once it happens it carries on happening till i shut down anything using and output, currently that is TS3 and Skype.

I've tried changing the midi setting but that also didn't help and I've even tried making a new user account but that didn't help.

Any help would be much appreciated.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
I guess (if possible) downgrade back to Snow Leopard and see if that fixes it. Time machine back up what you have, then install snow leopard you can check if it happens there, if it doesn't you may have found your problem. You can revert back to all your files simply by doing a time machine restore.

Thats one (long) way to check.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.