Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I am vacationing in London for a cruise(leaves tomorrow). So I stopped by the British Auto Show. The photo's are maybe a tad GM biased( particularly to the new Insignia). ;) BMW and VW were mysteriously not present. Which I was disappointed that BMW was missing because I wanted to see the new 7 series in person. :(

http://gallery.me.com/quagmire2#100095

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
The blue car on the first page (the Insignia?) has a really ugly looking interior. The centre console looks particularly poor. It just looks a bit intimidating, and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind technology. It also looks a bit BMW-ish and Volvo S60-ish from the side. That's a good thing, but some people may dislike the Insignia for that very reason. The steering wheel controls also look a bit odd. There appears to be a scroll wheel-type control.

And that car that only has one massive door on each side has the strangest dashboard, and boot. Wonder if it's practical!

The new Camaro looks beautiful, although I'm not too sure about the grille.

And what the heck is that "thing" on the bonnet of the red car (page 3)? It's not particularly pretty, either. Is it a Corvette or something?

I love the GT-R. Its exterior is quite nice, has a functional interior (from the looks of it), and probably drives and handles like a demon.

tecknical

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
i think the insignia is a quite good looking car, both inside and out. too bad its coming to the US as a saturn with different sheetmetal :(

quagmire

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
And what the heck is that "thing" on the bonnet of the red car (page 3)? It's not particularly pretty, either. Is it a Corvette or something?

It's the Corvette ZR1. It is a engine window so you can see the supercharger. :rolleyes:

Even though you don't like the design of the interior of the Insignia, the materials used were a lot better then most US GM vehicles( excluding the new CTS). The US always gets shafted. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.