2008 Mac Pro and Windows 7 x64 - Bluescreens

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by wfj5444, Sep 30, 2009.

1. wfj5444 macrumors 6502

I have only had a couple of bluescreens, but the last two days, I wake up after leaving my Mac Pro booted into Windows 7 to find it in OS X.

The only reason I have Windows 7 is for gaming. I would much prefer to use OS X.

This all started when over this past weekend I would wake up and Windows 7 was using 5 of 6 GB of RAM with no process using more than 100MB. Rebooting fixed the issue. I was beginning to think it was due to a memory leak with the antivirus. I was planning on checking that theory in the morning by restarting the AV service if it was using a lot of RAM, but it is kind of hard if it rebooted due to a bluescreen.

Has anyone had any problems running Win7 x64? This is the gold release version available to MSDN and Volume Lics folks, not the RC. My next task will be to remove AV and let it sit over night to see if that is the issue.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Event Viewer logs show any record of a save dump? error code?

3. wfj5444 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, mini dumps.

I have used the 'Check for solutions' window that pops up after starting back in Windows without much luck.

The bugcheck doesn't give me much of a hint of the driver. The other thought I has is it might be power save/hibernation/sleep/whatever causing the problem.