2008 Mac Pro--no right channel output.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ProCreator, Jun 7, 2009.

1. ProCreator macrumors newbie

Little help here, I cannot get right channel out from either the built-in line out jack on the rear of my mac, or the front headphone jack. On the system preferences panel when I slide the balance to the right everything goes out. I first thought it was just an itunes issue, but the sound problem carries over with DVD playback.

Any Suggestions?

2. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

It could be your headphones/speakers. Try different audio devices with the outputs. I know I have a pair of headphones that have a right channel that won't play unless you continually push on the connector. Or if that doesn't work, jig the connector about in the output, sometimes this fixes things. ;)

3. ProCreator thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried speakers and headphones in both inputs. Same thing happens. Right channel is out. I have apple care, but I don't want to be with out my mac. Could this be something they can fix at a genius bar?

4. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

hmm, that sucks. You should definitely take it to the Genius Bar, since they can either fix it there or they will send it away for you. It's the best way, plus you have AppleCare, so they already like you. ;)