2008 Macbook Keys

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SkankinJake, Sep 2, 2010.

1. SkankinJake macrumors newbie

About a year ago I had to replace my black 2008 Intel Core Duo Macbook's keyboard with a new one due to my roommate spilling soda on it (Doh!). I wanted a white keyboard to give my macbook a little more originality. Recently I decided I wanted to swap the current white keys for the black keys on my old keyboard. However, I've run into a problem. For some reason the keys on my current keyboard are held on by plastic devices that hinge from side to side, as opposed to my old keyboard whose keys are hinged from top to bottom. The result is that none of my old keys fit. Even the space bar is held on differently. I looked around the internet to find a solution/explanation for the problem. I didn't find any answers so I decided to sign up and post here and see what I get.

2. Abscissa macrumors regular

I'm not really sure what you are asking. You have a blackbook and you put white keys on it, but now you wanna go back to the black ones?

Either way, when I took my volume key off because it was sticking, the plastic piece threw me off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kg6EfuR-6Y and some of the related got me to do it. I mostly just ripped it off though...

Sorry for not helping lol!

3. SkankinJake thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't just replace the keys, I had to replace the entire keyboard. So I have a blackbook with a white keyboard case and white keys. I got bored the other day so I wanted to put the black keys on the white keyboard case, which I couldn't because the way the keys go on the plastic things are different for each one. Sorry for not clarifying haha