2008 MacBook Pro heat coma?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cwaniak36, Jun 10, 2011.

1. cwaniak36 macrumors newbie

So my Macbook Pro Didn't wake up when opening it up, after it was left on "sleep" over night. (it was not plugged in to the wall outlet over night)
    in the morning i open it up and hear the fans spinning , harddrive making noise but plain black screen...
    tried restarting it... nothing . no chime, only superdrive noise and black screen with the "sleep light" on.. fans spinning, harddrive working but pitch black screen. took it to apple, hoping it would be the Nvidia issue, that apple is doing a free replacement to the motherboards, but that idea was turned down by the apple tech.. Tried many things ,.. tried to restore PRAM.. taking the battery out.. probably all of the possible options that are meant to be tried by a book.
    after everything failed, I decided to take it apart. got the motherboard out, wanted to take out the CPU? (thinking perhaps it could reset something?) ... it seems soldered to the board.?... :apple:
    I ve read somewhere that sometimes it simply comes back to life?
    I don't really feel like spending Lots of $$ on "faulty" to begin with motherboards. (MIND YOU, my motherboard WAS ALREADY REPLACED BEFORE ( due to a different issue tho..)....)

is there a fix to this? or a time will tell...
    i have it all apart currently... don't feel like putting it back together without doing something to it that could "resurrect" it ....

any input is greatly appreciated. ;)

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Bake it.(Yes, I'm serious)

But it definitely sounds like the nVidia issue to me.

3. cwaniak36 thread starter macrumors newbie

supposedly for it to be the nVIdia issue, there would be a chime, and computer would start up, not displaying anything. in my case it seems to be in "sleep mode" when turning it on, no chime, no responses to keyboard keys.
    '
    How do i go about "baking it"

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Did the apple store genius run the nvidia test on it? They plug an external hard drive labeled nVidia into the computer and watch for an error to pop up.

375 for 10 minutes tops should do it. Google is your friend.

5. cwaniak36 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes they plugged in the harddrive/device via FW800 but no response to anything.. frozen...... black screen....

Nice ... will give it a shot :D
    kitchen here i come...:cool:

6. cwaniak36 thread starter macrumors newbie

What can i say :D:eek:

Operation in kitchen succeeded.
    My MBP came BACK ALIVE !!!!!
    Thank you all for your input.
    :cool:

7. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I always love to hear those stories!
    I think the 2008 Apple bakery had their ovens on a bit too low :D