2008 MacPro Fans Will Not Stop

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by coastie, Jul 18, 2009.

1. coastie macrumors newbie

This is my first post here on the forums!

I just got my MacPro Back from Apple, they had to replace the graphics card. Everything seems to be working alright, but all of the fans are running and will not stop! They all run at a constant speed and I have not noticed that they speed up or slow down. They will stop if i place the computer in sleep mode. I ran the apple diagnostic, unplugged everything, switched to the other monitor port, updated all the software and pulled everything out and reseated everything in the computer. Nothing has done the trick. Any help would be great. I just hate lugging that thing to the store.

Thanks!!!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Take it back. I had this exact issue and after changing everything in the case the issue did not stop. They ended up giving me a brand new machine.

3. coastie thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Jessica! I will probably have to do that, at least I have to Apple Stores close by.

4. noushy macrumors regular

try this first

You should try this first. Shut down the machine. Pull the power plug. Wait ten seconds, then hold down the power button for 10 more seconds. Plug the machine back in. Reset the PRAM (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379), and see what happens.

Noushy

5. coastie thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried your suggestions with negative results. Thanks for replying and giving me some things to try.

I just got off the phone with Apple Tech support and they said that I have already tried everything and to just bring it to an Apple Store. Man I hate dragging that thing around!!!