2008 MBP RAM upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NickJsanto, Dec 9, 2013.

1. NickJsanto macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Probably a common thread here so I'm doing a little searching around to see if I can find the answer, but I thought I would post just in case someone has a quick response.

I have a late 2008 Unibody MBP running Mavericks. This laptop has been my workhorse for the past 5 years. I want to upgrade the RAM but I am getting mixed advice online. On the one hand, I am being told that Apple on "supports" this model at 2gb (which I have). But, I've seen posts on other sites, including Apple's forums saying that people have put 4, 6, 8gb in the same model year.

Just looking for some clarification. I dont want to waste my time or money. Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your MBP supports up to 8GB of RAM. You can find specs on all Apple products, including maximum RAM:

3. stevemurrayphot macrumors newbie

My Late 08 MBP (core2Duo at 2.4Ghz) is 5 next week and has been running with 8GB of RAM for a couple of years without any issue. Has 8Gb of 1067Mhz DDR3 from Crucial which I self installed.

4. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I have the same model and installed 8GB of memory with no issues. I also installed a Samsung EVO SSD a week ago and would highly recommend it.

5. NickJsanto thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, you guys are great. Time to go RAM shopping. Thanks everybody!