2008 MS Office won't update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xtempo, Feb 5, 2014.

1. xtempo macrumors 6502

xtempo

Just got a new copy of 2008 Office with Media Expressions. installed fine on my G5 running leopard but I can't get the updates to download or installed. Any ides?

2. chrfr macrumors 603

You need to provide details on what you've already tried before anyone can help.
    What version of Office 2008 do you have?
    How have you tried to download and install the updates?

3. xtempo thread starter macrumors 6502

xtempo

5/19/11 is the update I am trying to get through the updater which won't do anything.

I also went to MS site to download it which worked but it can not be installed because it can't find the Hard Drive that has office installed.

here is the version number which I thought there was only one

12.0.0 (071130)

4. xtempo thread starter macrumors 6502

xtempo

I have been able to download and install both Service Packs. is that all or do I need to download the other updates?

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

What version of Office do you have now?
    You can check with any of the Office apps, such as Word.
    If it's not version 12.3.6, you are not fully up-to-date.
    And, you can check for updates when Word is open, by going to the Help menu/Check for Updates.

6. xtempo thread starter macrumors 6502

xtempo

I was able to run the auto update and it finally worked. I don't know why it didn't work the first but I am all up to date with all the updates.

I do have a question though I couldn't find it anywhere and that is can I put this on my Powerbook G4 as well or is it just 1 computer license. I wasn't sure if it can only be installed on 1 computer so I thought I would ask