2008 pricing

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by kcdude, Apr 26, 2011.

1. kcdude macrumors regular

How would you price this for a local sale?

Mac Pro 3,1 - 2x2.8 Ghz Quad Core Processors, 10GB ram 800 MHz w/ 2 slots open, 500GBWD HD 7500RPM, clean install w/original install disks, GeForce 8800, Single SuperDrive, Airport Express. Excellent cosmetically, very low usage (PS/Websurfing).

2. simsaladimbamba

www.mac2sell.net or eBay (Việt Nam, Türkiye, Česká republika, Hanguk) might be good price checkers.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Things_Not_to_Do

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules#General_Rules

3. Ommid macrumors 6502

I think you should sell it with 4gb base ram and sell the other 6gb to me, you will make more that way ;)

4. kcdude, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011

kcdude thread starter macrumors regular

Woops...please disregard my post then...as I have only been a member for 3 years and clearly don't have enough technical knowledge to contribute enough for a 250 post count so I can post in the correct forum. I'm guessing there are no exceptions.

I have looked at the pricing guides already but hoped for some real feedback on the market for a 2008. It appears for other threads that it is acceptable to ask in this forum if something is a "good deal"

Let me rephrase my post question: I'm in the market for a used 2008, is this a good deal or shoud I buy a new 2010?

If that is inappropriate, please delete the thread.

5. hammten macrumors regular

I think 1900 is a decent price for that machine. As someone else stated taking the ram to ebay might fet you more since the DDR2 stuff is expensive.

Good luck on the sale

6. 100Years macrumors regular

I usually check out the completed listings on eBay, for pricing ideas. That being said, my guess would be that a number around $1900 would be about right for the machine you described...