2008 Scion XB bluetooth Iphone 3G compatability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brianxstatic, May 6, 2009.

1. brianxstatic macrumors newbie

Hey I was wondering if anyone her has a Scion equipped with the bluetooth integration option?? If so, have you had a chance to test the 3.0 beta's with the bluetooth functionality for streaming calls and music?

The reason I am asking is because I am looking to add it to my XB and the dealership has no idea if it will work with streaming music over bluetooth, the scion website doesn't give specifics and I don't want to upgrade my stereo for $300 if its only going to do calls. I know that the car has ipod/iphone integration but I would love my car to be completely cordless. I was also curious as if whether or not you would have controls of the music via the steering wheel and stereo like you do when the ipod is tethered with the cord.

Any help is appreciated. ;D

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I think you should get a Bluetooth auxilary adapter. Don't waste money on a whole car kit when a $100 or less adapter does the same thing. You already have a dock charger so it will work great. ;)

3. brianxstatic thread starter macrumors newbie

i didn't ask you! ;) jk
    **** bluetooth aux adapters!

just remember we are two different flavors of the same flavor! and don't forget it!

4. island macrumors 6502

island

It works great my buddies car, same as yours, tried out the bluetooth and it streams without a problem on 3.0.

5. brianxstatic thread starter macrumors newbie

So he has a scion and was able to stream the music no problem over the Bluetooth car setup? And if so did the controls work normal or did the music need to be controlled using the phone?