Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dnguyen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
So coconut battery says I have 169 cycles on my battery that is about 8 months old.

Is this normal? I do bring my laptop to class but I don't think I've used it THAT much since I have it plugged in most of the time otherwise.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
So coconut battery says I have 169 cycles on my battery that is about 8 months old.

Is this normal? I do bring my laptop to class but I don't think I've used it THAT much since I have it plugged in most of the time otherwise.

There's no such thing as "Normal" when it comes to battery cycles. Each individual's battery will have a different number of cycles depending on how often they use it off mains. I had my last battery for about a year and it only had about 60 cycles on it.

jmaquarry

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2009
if you use it plugged in too much i believe this helps deplete the life of the battery - as it needs regular charge cycles

the more you use the actual battery - the longer it should effectively last - :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.