2008 Unibody Macbook: No Airport Card Installed

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by theaero, Jun 12, 2010.

1. theaero macrumors 6502

My sister is having this error. I cant figure out why. She spilled some soup on her computer, and I guess that is when the problem started. I don't know if anything was permanently damaged... could reseating the airport card help? I've reset pram, smc, repaired permissions, and done every software troubleshooting thing I can do. I ran the apple hardware test as well, and it said no problems. Bluetooth / ethernet work with no issues as well.

Any suggestions would be great.

2. AshMan macrumors regular

You may want to open the MacBook up and check for liquid damage then clean it real good. You can probably use sown kind of contact cleaner/rubbing alchohol. Could be the airport card is what got liquid on it.

One of the many reasons I do not put anything with liquid down anywhere near my MacBook

3. theaero thread starter macrumors 6502

Where is the airport card located inside the late 2008? I couldnt find it on ifixit

4. theaero thread starter macrumors 6502

No one knows where this mysterious airport card is? :)
    Is it on the logic board somewhere?

EDIT: took out logic board + everything, washed everything with alcohol, and now its working fine. :)

5. spirochete macrumors newbie

The board is inside the screen's hinge cover on a Unibody..... small, about 30mm long and 12 mm wide. Note also that it has a heatsink connection to the screen's frame, so be careful if disturbing it.