2008 Unibody Macbook Pro Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by w00t951, May 7, 2010.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I have a 2008 (late) Macbook Pro with the removable battery. Now, with only 97 cycles on it, the battery shows 49% health. For some reason, the health sometimes is 90% when the computer has been plugged in for a while, and the MagSafe isgreen. When the computer is charging or running on battery, the health is usually 49%. Is there any way of correcting this, or is the battery completely ruined? Thanks. By the way, the battery menu in Snow Leopard tells me to Service Battery.

2. tombilske macrumors member

tombilske

3. w00t951 thread starter macrumors 68000

w00t951

This problem first appeared when I calibrated the battery. I tried again, and it still made it worse. When you plug the computer back in after draining the battery, the battery percentage goes up incredibly fast, then cuts by three. From here, the percentage goes up normally, and the Service Battery indicator goes away.

4. rk1991 macrumors regular

have you checked the battery condition. Maybe there is something wrong with the battery. Hold the option key while clicking on the battery indicator. It should read normal. If it does'nt then you should visit the apple store. If it reads normal and you are still having the problem then go visit the apple store. Also when you say battery health do you mean the battery reading on the menu bar or are you using a program like coconut battery or istat?