2008 Unibody Macbook question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JRayFilms, Apr 14, 2010.

1. JRayFilms macrumors newbie

I am looking into purchasing a macbook locally. I was offered a 2008 13" unibody macbook. 2.4 Ghz, 4 Gb of ram. I am getting into video editing and Have a sony FX1 camera and edit in Final Cut Express on my imac. The macbook does not have a firewire port and I need firewire to capture footage. Is there another solution of getting footage from my camera to the macbook other than spending hundreds of $$$ for a camera hard drive?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You need a camera with a Firewire port, as DV and HDV need (MUST HAVE) either Firewire or SDI or some other kind of video transfer method to be transferred.

Maybe have a look at the refurbished section of the Apple Online Store to get a MacBook Pro or maybe a white pre-Unibody MacBook.

PS: There is no Firewire to USB adapter.

Even though some might get tired of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at http://mroogle.*************/MRoogleSmall.gif[/CENTER], since that question may have been asked several times?