2008 White MacBook turns on but screen is grayish/blue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mmart530, Dec 9, 2012.

1. mmart530 macrumors newbie

I used my 2008 White Macbook last night , shut it down normally . Today I went to turn it on and it actually powers on , chimes , but the screen is just sort of a bluish , gray color ? Any ideas Anyone ????? I have already removed battery , held down the Option / Command / R / P , all
    At the same time , to no avail ! Any help would be greatly Appreciated !!! I do not have the discs either as this was a hand me down from a relative .

2. simsaladimbamba

Does that mean, it does not boot into the system (no Menu Bar or Dock or Desktop icons visible)?

Have you tried any of these steps?

Btw, do you employ a backup strategy? And how old is that MacBook?
    You can also contact Apple to get replacement DVDs (Mac OS X and iLife) or get the 19 USD Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD from the Apple Online Store and use that, if the Mac was released before 2010.

3. mmart530 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for getting back to me !!!

As I siad earlier , I do not have any of the disc that would normally come with it . So what it does is powers on , Makes the chime , but the screen is totally blank . I would say it is kind of grayish / Blue , with absolutely nothing on it at all . I did do some trouble shooting procedures that I found online to no Avail .Any ideas would be most appreciated ...

mmart530