2008 World Series of Poker thread *SPOILER*

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by n8mac, Nov 14, 2008.

1. n8mac macrumors 6502

2008 Main event winner decided on Nov 11 is...
    Peter Eastgate
    Prize = $9.1 million
    22 years old, breaking Phil Hellmuth's record of youngest to ever win the main event.

Player of the year goes to...
    Erick Lindgren

So what are your thoughts/questions about this year in poker?

2. n8mac thread starter macrumors 6502

So not one person in here watches poker on TV? :confused:
    I thought I would get at least one comment on all the bad beats, or Phil Hellmuth's crap, another good run from Matusow, etc.

3. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

oh you mean like the guy who lost his stack when he hit four of kind on the river but only to lose to a royal flush? Then yeah I saw it thought the amaturs well they played like amatures. The chip leader at the final table at start of the day needed to push on that first hand and not be afraid of going out so quickly

4. n8mac thread starter macrumors 6502

You mean Dennis Phillips? I agree that he was somewhat pot committed. Although it's easy to say what to do when you see all the cards. I thought he played pretty well for an amateur. He did have a few hands after the first where I thought he was on tilt. My style is conservative when in chip lead. That table didn't last long and Phillips should have known his opponents aggressive style by then. Maybe he was caught up in the moment never being in a deep tourney before. I can't say I know him well enough. I wonder what is to come of his red hat?

Did you see how close Nenad Medic came to the $$ only to get knocked out holding AK against AQ? Brutal. I have a lot of respect for him.

5. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

I hope he throws the hat in the fire… because it turned to bad luck what ever he did to it. And since I am a mets fan

As for Nenad… thats why I never play Ace-Queen…