2009-001 update screwed my computer//ppc g4

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GGGUUUYYY, Feb 13, 2009.

1. GGGUUUYYY macrumors regular

or just my fault. lol

There was an error downloading my security update. i believe it screwed up my disk permissions not downloading fully. Terminal wouldn't open trash wouldn't empty. so i decide to reboot... mistake?? now its stuck on the screen after the gray apple logo but before the white loading window..

i don't know what to do now?

2. GGGUUUYYY thread starter macrumors regular

It boots up in the second harddrive. but i cant use it because i forgot the password

won't boot into safe mode either

3. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Do you have the old restore discs? If so, try booting with the discs by holding the C key. See here for more info.

4. GGGUUUYYY thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have any of the disks. I've tried every help file on apples websites and still nothing.

Thanks

The disk permission have been repaired but it still gets stuck at the blue screen before the white loading window pops up. I think to solve this problem i have to some how download the security update and get it installed

http://www.macobserver.com/tip/2003/06/16.1.shtml

im trying to reset the password to the second hard drive so i can access try and access the first HD

When i type in

system starter i get

could not create ipc bootstrap port: com.apple.systemstarter

5. GGGUUUYYY thread starter macrumors regular

better not put this link up..

Created a new admin account on my second drive and not sure if i can do the secrity up date for the first HD?

each HD as it own os and admin's

can't believe how easy it is to create a new admin account and change passwords

******FIXED*******