Price Advice 2009 13" MacBook Pro with 120g SSD added

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fanchee, Jun 3, 2012.

1. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Hi all,

I could use a little guidance with pricing my mid-2009 13" MacBook pro machine. Prices seem all over the place on eBay, and I couldn't find one similar to my specs.

MB991LL/A
    8g ram
    120g SSD drive + 500g HD (both internal)
    superdrive removed, but included in external usb enclosure
    Lion fresh install

What should I ask for it? I could also remove the ssd and replace the optical drive so it's 8g/500g/superdrive config.

Thanks!

2. RedCroissant Suspended

Is it the 2.26GHz model with firewire? Do you have the original box and accessories? If you have all that, then I think $1000 is the highest price, another thing is that Lion cannot be transferred, so you would have to reinstall snow leopard, so that might even lower the price.

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Going by "Buy It Now" pricing it should go for around $850. Note that auction prices usually do not go as high. While "Buy It Now" may go for more it may not sell meaning you lost money on the ad.

If you pull the SSD the value will probably drop around $100 since you can pick up a very fast new SSD for that price.

This price assumes a 2.5ghz model.

4. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

What do you mean by this? If I were to sell my 2009 MBP I couldn't include Lion on it? Is that because it's associated with my App Store info?

5. RedCroissant Suspended

That's right. Previous OS X versions are not, so anyone can buy a used computer and set it up with their Apple ID, but not Lion.

6. fanchee thread starter macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Mine is the 2.53Ghz model, sorry I left that out. Thanks for all the replies!