2009 15" or 2010 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Brdl04, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Brdl04, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011

Brdl04 macrumors regular

Brdl04

I have an option to buy a 2009 MBP 15" 2.53 C2D, 4gb ram, 250gb HD. w/ Applecare until 8/2012 (this is the SD card enclosed battery)

or

2010 MBP 13" 2.4C2d 4gb ram, 250gb HD for $999

Which would be better resale in lets say 2 years?

Is there anything other than screen size that makes one better than the other?

portability is not an issue to me.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

From the Forum FAQ:

3. Brdl04 thread starter macrumors regular

Brdl04

Im sorry I did not follow the rules. but my question still is an interesting one, and you have failed to answer it...

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It's not really an "interesting question." It's more of an "I need advice on which computer to buy" question.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, I didn't fail. I didn't even try, since it's primarily interesting to you and not necessarily to everyone else, and the answer is a matter of opinion, not fact. I merely posted a suggestion from the FAQ that would increase the likelihood of your thread being noticed by others who share your interest. If you don't care, I sure don't!

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

You're going to make friends real quick around here with replies like that.

7. Brdl04 thread starter macrumors regular

Brdl04

come on guys. my first post ever is shot down by some admin.(or someone who thinks he/she is) I've been on tons of tech forums, and never have I had this type of first experience. what gives?

I apologize for not following the guidelines of the forum.

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

9. Brdl04 thread starter macrumors regular

Brdl04

thank you for being the first one to give me advice. I will take your vote. ;)

10. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

It's just that we get a lot of these threads here. Anyway, just get the newer one, put an ssd in it, and upgrade the RAM. There is the resale you wanted.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your post was not "shot down" and I am not, nor do I wish to be, an "admin". I offered a tip to improve your odds of finding an answer and you chose to reject it. If you try to have a better attitude toward those who take the time to respond and try to help, you might have better success.

12. Brdl04 thread starter macrumors regular

Brdl04

Am I able to change my title once I post?

13. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

not easily ... next time you start a thread ... GGJstudios has already explained ... try to be descriptive in your title for your questions or comments.

People were probably thinking you had an Interesting question that needed an answer.

No harm done ... welcome to MR :cool:

14. simsaladimbamba

To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

And the 2010 MBP spec wise, if you ignore the resolution, if you don't, then the 15" MBP.

15. Kalach macrumors member

Kalach

16. Brdl04 thread starter macrumors regular

Brdl04

thank you, that is what I may do. I have had 13" MBP in the past, but my wife stole it. (took it)

So i got a 2007 MBP 15" for $500 and I love the screen size. I may go with the 2009 15"

17. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

both have its up's and downs, i'd go with 15" and upgrade it yourself or if money tight, just get stock 13", or however it is being offered to you, sell it asap before new models come out.

sorry for the tools earlier, people come here to ask ?'s, give advice etc. and some users are too stuck up and always cite mroogle as if it's the end of the world for a person to ask a similar topic. if you( meaning them) don't like it, dont reply to that persons thread.

hope that helps