2009 8 core or 2010 6 core (if it comes out!)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by anim8or, Apr 4, 2010.

  1. anim8or macrumors 65816

    anim8or

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2006
    Location:
    Scotland, UK
    #1
    I am looking to buy a new mac pro, i can wait but am reluctant to do so with all the chat of probable price increases....

    I most likely cannot afford the 12 core (if that is what is released) and so may have to get the new 6 core.

    So should i buy now or wait?

    PS i work in TV and do alot of HD video editing and after effects work.
     
  2. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2008
    Location:
    Boon Docks USA
    #2
    Wait for the new ones come out. Probably to high of a price but should lower the price of the other ones. Suggest at least the 2009 models. I would love to get a 12 pack but my guess it's around 6 grand. :eek:
     
  3. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #3
    Wait for new one anyway. It's not sure that Apple will use the 6-cores because Intel also released some quad core Gulftowns which may be used in Mac Pros but nobody knows.

    Old ones will be cheaper when new ones come so revive this thread when new ones are around
     

Share This Page