2009 Alu Wireless Keyboard Numbers Not Working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by clubofone, Oct 3, 2010.

1. clubofone macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 2 month old Apple Wireless Keyboard and for some reason the numbers from 1 through to 9 have stopped working (although zero still works).

I've tried everything I can find online, but no luck: verified and repaired permissions, checked Universal Access for mouse keys etc, but can't get them working. There's no real reason for those keys not to be working but everything else to be fine. Nothing has ever been spilled onto it and it has never been mistreated in any way. It's almost as if I've somehow hit a numlock key that has stopped them working, but as far as I know it doesn't have one.

Any help on getting it working would be great. Thanks.

2. clubofone thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried deleting it and adding it again as a new bluetooth device, but because the number keys are not working I can't sync it. I know the KB works because 0 still works when inputting the numbers. Must be something on the keyboard?

3. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

Have you spilled liquid on it? Seems like your keyboard is broken... I am not sure if you can open the alu keyboards to clean them.

Otherwise regarding the low price, I am afraid you will have to buy a new one...

4. clubofone thread starter macrumors newbie

No, no liquid. It's two months old, so I won't be buying anything. It's not broken as only th 1-9 keys don't work.

5. clubofone thread starter macrumors newbie

It has been days now and I still can't get this thing to work. Any suggestions before trying a reinstall and then phoning apple?

6. jaydentaku macrumors member

Given what you have tried and the fact that it's under warranty, I would be ringing apple.

Its not a reparable item really, when you consider how its made and its constituent parts.